This one day conference is for students, practitioners, security solution providers, and professionals comprised of cyber security workshops, seminars, along with exhibition. This conference will focus on latest topics in Cyber security such as intrusion detection, penetration, and forensics, among others, it is held in parallel on the same day. The theme of the conference is security challenges in the era of social media and internet of things and big data at Abu Dhabi Polytechnic, MBZ campus. (Location).
Training Workshop will be taught by instructors from leading information security training and certification providers in the world. The overall objective of the conference is to gather cyber security professionals, practitioners, and school/university students to spread awareness and build competencies and attract as many talented and skilled people as possible to this field of study and career path. Examples of other issues discussed in this conference are: Cyber Security threats at home/organization, Social Engineering & Identity Theft Attacks, Password Security & Encryption,
Network Security & Viruses, Worms and Trojans, Web Security & Phishing Attacks, Email Security & Spam Attacks, Denial of Service Attacks,
incident handling, signs of being hacked, and safe browsing.
The overall objective of the conference is to gather cyber security professionals, practitioners, and school/university students to spread awareness and build career path in this important field.
Security reports forecast that computer crimes and security spending is growing at an alarming rate. Hence, Abu Dhabi executive council made a resolution to build workforce in this field from UAE nationals.
Examples of topics addressed are:
- Social Engineering & Identity Theft Attacks
- Privacy controls and Social Media
- Legal issues and Regulatory Requirements (ISO 27001, PCD DSS, HIPPA etc.)
- Phishing Attacks
- Internet of things security
- Email Security (Logical and Technology controls)
- Smart Cities, Communities, and Government Services
- The data science and big data analytics
The conference will include lectures, live demonstrations, real world examples, interactive sessions, and security
- High School/Universities:
The conference will present a unique opportunity to schools/university students to be introduced to the field of cyber security and also enrich the study of students who are enrolled in related programs in various universities.
Field practitioners from various governmental departments who seek to interact with peer practitioners during presentations and demonstrations.
- Security Solution Providers:
a unique opportunity to present state of the art solutions to visitors of government/public/private establishments
- Seminars: six high profile speakers from leading firms in cyber security will introduce latest trends in conference theme.
- Exhibition: Leading cybersecurity companies will showcase their solutions/products
- Training workshop: Free of charge practical training session on related topics to the conference theme