The Year 8 ATHS boys were busy this last week with their STEAM Projects. STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) incorporates a range of academic disciplines. The Year 8 students had been investigating innovative ideas in modern living.
Their task was to design and furnish the ideal dorm room for the new boarding school/ university here in the UAE and then present their designs through a virtual brochure.
- It was expected that the student's demonstrated the following:
- Working with others and showing teamwork;
- Using scientific, mathematical and technological approaches correctly;
- Using different research methodologies (exploring the subject through different forms of research);
- Organizing and arranging resources;
- Presenting creativity, talent and practical workmanship and
- Manage time efficiently
All staff and students at the campus were fully involved during the two week project and some fantastic designs were presented in the final pieces.